Sunday 11 September 2016

Banana Bread

 About a year ago a weekly tradition began in a local Coogee cafe. Every week my dearest friend and I would order our morning tea with nothing but warmth and comfort on our minds.

Most days I would find this comfort in Chai Latte', possibly with an espresso shot if I was feeling naughty. However, my companion prefered to warm up with a lightly toasted piece of banana bread.

This would always end in one of two way. The first way being that when it was brought over I was overcome with the enticing smell of banana and cinnamon that I would gratefully accept her offer to share. Alternatively, I  would turn down her offer, stare her down while she ate and wondered how I could eat banana bread and not feel guilty.


Thankfully I have come up with a high protein, low carb, Gluten-free, Dairy free, Refined sugar free and guilt free recipe to be by my side on those harsh winter days. 
This moist loaf of goodness is sure to satisfy those taste buds while also nourishing your body. 



Guilt Free Banana Bread

Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas
1tbs coconut oil
1tsp Apple cider vinegar
1tbs Rice Malt Syrup
1tbs Maple syrup
2 eggs
1/4 cup coconut milk
2tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup Almond meal
1/2 cup Buckwheat flour
1 Vanilla Bean
1.5 Tbs almond butter
2tsp baking powder
1/2 tbs raw cacao
Pinch of salt

Method:
Preheat oven to 180°C, prepare a bread baking tin bygreasing with coconut oil and lining with baking paper.

Mush the bananas in a bowl with a fork. Add wet ingredients and blend until smooth with small lumpy banana bits. Then slowly add dry ingredients and blend again until mixture is a smooth thick consistency.

Poor mixture into prepared baking tin and top as you wish. I topped mine with half a banana (because whynot add more banana) and puffed Millett. Then bake for 40-50 minutes or until baking scewer comes out clean.

Remove from oven and allow to cool. Best served toasted! I topped mine with almond butter and yes, you guessed it, more banana (because why not add more banana). See below. I hope this recipe brings you warmth and happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment